Health Insurance

Health insurance for international students is not only required by US law, but is also a good idea.

Even though you may be healthy now, you can never predict when a serious illness or accident might come your way. Medical care in the U.S. can be costly. Large unpaid medical bills will seriously affect your financial status and may affect your ability to continue with your education. Government support agencies will not assist in the payment of your medical bills.

Who is able to get this insurance?

All international students, scholars or other persons with a current passport who:

1) are engaged in educational activities; and

2) are temporarily located outside his/her home country as a non resident alien; and

3) have not obtained permanent residency status in the U.S.

are eligible to enroll in the plans suggested on this page. Those enrolled in an English language or similar program or an Optional Practical Training Program or with an F or J visa are also eligible to enroll in this plan.

Students must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 days after the date for which coverage is purchased with the exception of those with a J visa or those engaged in an Optional Practical Training Program. Eligible students may also insure their spouse and children, who are under 26 years of age.

US students have many options available to them.  For more information visit  Covered California.

International Student Insurance offers some insurance options. Click here for more information

*Please note that these plans are offered only as a convenience. Students are free to choose any carrier of their choice.