The California International Business University is proud to offer graduate students study tours that provide a continuing forum for practical experiences blending industry, academic outreach, and professional lectures. Our goal is simple, expose a global audience of tomorrow’s leaders to top industries, through practical exposure and mentorship. The annual Los Angeles area Study Tour through the California International Business School provides our graduate level students with a practically based and immersive learning experience in the global lifestyle products and media center of Los Angeles.
Led by Lifestyle Marketing and Media professor, Brian Hawkins, who has more than 20 years experience as both an entrepreneur and university instructor. The experience includes instructive visits such as: global automotive design, radio broadcast media, web development, film, print and newspaper media, a gang diversion entrepreneurship program, telecoms, fast food, hotel and restaurant hospitality throughout the Los Angeles region. The companies featured define Southern California’s diverse global economy.
The LA eXperience Study Tour is the culmination of ideas and concepts related to the consumer lifestyle industry and media for those pursuing careers in consumer product design and development, industrial design, print, broadcast, and social media, music and entertainment production, and other careers focused on the brands and products that consumers enjoy and the innovation process and trends behind them. Los Angeles provides an ideal backdrop for this program that brings students out of the classroom and into the workplace and creative space to learn from industry experts, augmenting the value of their practical studies for targeted recruiters and employers.
- Media – Broadcast, Print, Digital, e.g. LA Times, Univision
- Retailing – Lifestyle, Clothing, Accessories, Furnishings, Sports Equipment
- Hospitality – Hotels, Restaurants, Food & Beverage, Mr. C Beverly Hills
- Food & Beverage – e.g. Nestle, Carl’s Jr., Home Boy Industries
- Home Furnishings & Design – e.g. Pacific Design Center, LA Merch Mart
- Performing Arts – e.g. Disney Hall & The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
- Film & Entertainment – Education e.g. The Los Angeles Film School & Production
- Visual Arts – Museums, Galleries, e.g. MOCA
- Fashion Merchandising – Showrooms e.g. Hatch 10 11