Accreditation and Teamwork help lead to success
At CIBU we believe that having a good network is an important tool. We do our best to update ourselves on what our community needs and how we can best serve those needs. To make that happen, we consistently stay engaged with the Accreditation process and sustain membership in organizations that will help to maintain our high standards.
Educational accreditation serves as a way to ensure the quality of a program or school. Educational institutions, such as CIBU, work with outside organizations to take a detailed look at what they do to make certain high standards are met. Only when those specific and detailed standards are met is accreditation granted by the appropriate agency.
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)*
- “Founded in 1912, ACICS is the largest national accrediting organization of degree granting institutions. We accredit professional, technical and occupational programs.
Notification for current and prospective students
Following its August 2019 meeting, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) directed California International Business University (CIBU) to show cause why its current grant of accreditation should not be withdrawn by suspension at its April 2020 meeting. The basis for this decision is CIBU’s current financial position.
CIBU is preparing a submission addressing ACICS concerns for consideration at their next meeting
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC)